Thursday, February 04, 2010

We are still around! 

Things are good here with our little family.  Taryn continues to keep us busy. I can't believe that he will be 3 years old tomorrow!  He is a great little man.  Always wanting to do things "myself" as he says.  Sometimes that is good and others not so bueno.  I know he loves his Mommy more and more everyday, but I am not sure that is always the same case with Daddy.  I don't know if it is him or me or both, but we have been butting heads.  I think it is just a phase, but my lack of patience sometimes gets the best of me!  I especially love to hear Taryn say, "Daddy, Why are you mad?"!  I try to explain to him that I am not mad, but frustrated which he doesn't quite understand.  Someday he will, let's hope that is sooner than later!

I have been horrible about updating for a long while and it is just so hard to get back on track.  Once I got off schedule I just found other things to keep me busy.  So, I am going to be putting up a ton of pictures from as far back as Halloween!

We have been really busy around here.  Niki, of course is always on the go with work...  I have had some committments of my own as well (playing and coaching soccer, pilates, wallpaper removal).  On top of that we have been getting tons of house work done.  Not only have we removed wallpaper, textured and painted in all the rooms in our house except 2, but we have gutted the master bath.  The master bath now has totally brand new everything which I will post pics of soon.  We also updated the guest bathroom as well before we touched the master.  With two more rooms of wallpaper to take down the end is in sight!

Our biggest news is that we will be having Baby #2 this summer!  We are excited about our new addition and surprised all the grandparents with Christmas cards containing ultrasound pics.  Niki is due mid-June, so this is a huge reason we have been so busy getting work done around here.  Our goal is to have everything complete before June!  He or she (we won't find out until delivery) will have a nice updated house to come home to!

Ok, time for some pics...

Halloween '09
Taryn was a pirate this year and had a great time picking out his costume with Mommy!  A very fancy pirate I might add.  We had a good time trick or treating with some friends in town.  Taryn's good buddy Blake was a pirate too and his sister Rylynn was a poodle!



Some good pics of Taryn playing in the leaves this past fall!

Christmas '09 was busy as ever.  Taryn was totally into opening presents this year, but the only problem was that he was perfectly happy with the first thing he opened and probably would have been fine with one present!  He powered thru and opened so many that he eventually just couldn't open them all!   A few gifts were left for him to open at a later date.

Taryn and Gramere

Taryn and Grandaddy

Taryn and Uncle Matt

Taryn and Aunt Megan

Taryn and Mommy in front of our tree at home!

Taryn had a great time with his cousins!  He loves playing with Addie, now if he could just keep up with her!

Addie, Taryn and Alex

Taryn has a small issue with sharing...  He caused sweet little Alex to cry because he wouldn't share his bowling pins with her!  We are working on this...  You can actually see Taryn reaching to take the pin away.

A little family pic!

A picture of me after the local Jingle Bell 5K.  I wore my high school letter jacket 1) because it is Christmas colors and 2) because nobody believed I would do it!  I hope you enjoy my candy cane socks.  I came in 3rd overall (1st in my age group) with a time of 19:30.  Not too shabby for an old man!  I just couldn't catch the 2 high school kids ahead of me.

Taryn showing off his underwear!  We have been working on potty training for months now...  This is where the majority of my frustrations come from!  He does great wearing undies all day except for naps.  He will pee on the potty no problem, but when it comes to #2 you can forget about it!  Apparently it is going to have
to happen on his terms!  Bribes don't work on this one.

Finally a picture of the soccer team I helped coach in the fall.  Although I have played soccer my whole life I have never coached before.  I didn't know what to expect, but this group of Under 10's turned out to be special.  We went undefeated for the season!  We had some pretty good kids, so I can't chalk it all up to the coaching!

2 Comments:

At 6:36 PM, Blogger Jennifer McHam said...

YAY for the update and YAY for the pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!! and SUPER DUPER DOUBLE YAY for baby #2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Ah, crap... now that you posted, that just leaves me as the sole slacker.

The socks are sexy... if you're an elf. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home