Don't worry we are still alive!!!
I have been busy with my summer project which is taking up nearly all of my freetime. Last summer I worked in the yard and flower beds, this summer it is on to the indoors! We are working on removing wallpaper in the entire house. Not a fun project, but rewarding once you finish scraping all the wallpaper off! I am happy to say that we are halfway thru. There is or was wallpaper in every single room of the house except for the guest bathroom. Boy do I wish I had started this two years ago...! I have been working nearly every afteroon during Taryn's naps over the past month to get to where we are right now. This week I have someone texturing and painting everything so by next week we should have half of our house looking updated!
Seriously this is nearly 3 dimensional wallpaper if only you could see it up close. The old people we bought the house from must have loved it! Check out the sweet drapes...
Master Bedroom -- before removal
After removal -- Niki says it already looks a ton better even without paint!
Living Room -- before
After
Dining Room -- before
After
Finally, what is a post without a couple of shots of our little man. We have been trying to beat the heat by playing in the pool! Taryn is getting to be such a big boy these days. Generally he is a very sweet, easy going and helpful little guy, but he is developing a bit of an attitude of late. He has been seing a lot of timeout for hitting of all things. If you don't give him what he wants or tell him no, he will occasionally haul off and smack you. Not sure where he got this from...? Should I tell him he hits like a 2yr old?
Mr. Taryn showing us how to swim!
A year ago he was scared to even go in this pool, now he dives right in!



2 Comments:
Not all old folks like 3D wallpaper.
anonomonomonyus
Dang! You are already done with half of the house...that is the half I wanted to come help with.
Post a Comment
<< Home