It Has Been a Long Month... and we are only a week into it!
Last week I was about ready to turn in my Mr. Mom credentials and head out into the working world again. I haven't felt like that in a really long time. Taryn had a rough week. He must have picked up some kind of bug from Niki because she was feeling off too. He had a fever for a day at the beginning of the week which I gave him some tylenol for and it went right away. From that point on he was completely not his usual happy self. He wouldn't eat or nap like he normally does. I basically got about a 45 minute nap out of him everyday when I am used to 2-3 hours. He was clingy and super fussy the entire week. He would go from being content and happy to complete crying and screaming when you didn't do exactly what he wanted. The little guy must have had a tummy bug because he would not drink milk and basically only ate fruit the entire week. He finally starting to get back to normal over the weekend, but still won't drink milk and I am crossing my fingers on today's nap. The only thing that he would really relax and calm down for was TV. I am trying to limit that, but sometimes I guess I am going to have to rely on it...
Overall, we are doing pretty well, Niki is busy at work delivering a ton of babies recently including 6 or 7 right around labor day weekend. In fact she says the last two weeks are just a blur. I was invited to go out to lunch last week with a group of stay at home moms which was pretty cool. It is confirmed, I am only the only full-time dad in town. I was able to get my neighbor to watch Taryn so I could sneak out for a couple of hours. It was nice to get out of the house and talk with some adults (I think they might even invite me back).
I have recently started playing soccer again in a Hispanic league here in town. We play against teams from surrounding towns. I am only one of two "guerros" on the team (which means white boy in spanish). Basically it is all spanish speaking, so I am picking up on some much needed spanish terms. They found out that I played soccer in college and I have been in the starting lineup ever since. I expected to only play a little and am not quite in game shape, but I don't think I have disappointed them.
This past weekend we actually had dinner plans on Saturday night with two other couples and their kids. It was nice to finally start meeting some people and getting all the kids together was fun. The restaurant we went to was very family friendly, basically the kids cruised around the whole time while the adults relaxed (for the most part) and were able to talk. I was surprised, but the kids did not get into any trouble and nobody at the restaurant seemed to care that the rugrats were running rampant. Our kind of place!
Taryn giving me a smile. Check out the chin, he went down face first at playgroup, but it did not seem to phase him.
Last Tuesday we went to our local Libray Program for kids that meets once a month. We were supposed to paint rocks, but Taryn was more into playing with them. We ended up reading books and playing with the other kiddos.
Taryn helped me paint his rock for all of 30 seconds. I finished it off and we gave it to Mommy to take to work for her desk.



4 Comments:
Man those bugs travel fast. Our family suffered from it the end of last month. It was horrible and stuck around for a while. Hope everyone is feeling better.
Cool rock! :) I sure hope everyone is feeling better!! How exciting about the adult time and the sports team. Yay for you!
Don't fight it. If Taryn's not feeling well, do whatever it takes to get his mind off of it. The Disney Channel is not that bad. The morning shows are all educational and there are NO toy/cereal advertisements. We've developed a strong aversion to Mickey Mouse in this household (at least Kris and I have), but Addie loves it, she actually learns from it and it keeps her occupied while we do other things.
Glad you're getting to meet some new people. I know its not easy staying at home. I've been home for 3 weeks and already feeling a bit of cabin fever. I'm looking forward to going to the allergist next week just to get out of the house!
Hang in there...
Jen
You rock. Sick kids can really test a person to their limit. I'm with Jen...do whatever it takes to survive when they aren't feeling well.
YOU GO on that soccer team! How fun!
Post a Comment
<< Home