Monday, April 06, 2009

Wildflower 5K

Two weekends ago Taryn and I ran in a local 5K here in town. It was really windy and a little cool, but we ended up finishing 3rd place overall and 1st in my age group. We were only 20-30 seconds behind the two top finishers! Keep in mind this wasn't a race of hundreds or thousands, but more like 50. Not too bad considering I was pushing Taryn, so I had a little bit of a handicap. We ended up running a 7'17/mile pace.



After the adult race there was a 1/2 mile fun run for the kiddos. Taryn was really into it at the very beginning. He loved being around all the other kids. I kept asking him if he was ready to run and he would say "Yes" and nod his head!

And he is off!

Sadly, Taryn only ran about 20 yards before he gave up all hope. I think once all the other kids got so far out in front of him it wasn't fun anymore. Daddy had to carry him the rest of the race. I put him down to cross the finish line, but all he did was cry...

A couple of dads bringing up the rear.

A group shot of most of the kids in the race! Of course Taryn wouldn't stay still...

3 Comments:

At 8:55 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Good job, you two!

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger Jennifer McHam said...

Very impressive guys!!!

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger BrandyLee said...

Way to go, speedy! That looks like it was a really fun time. I can't believe how big Taryn is getting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home