Wednesday, March 03, 2010

The Great Remodel... Neverending story around here!


I finally had a chance to take and upload some pictures of all the home improvements we have been busy with since last summer!  It is so nice to have a new look around here.  Niki and I were pretty tired of  living with old people wallpaper, using a foul bathroom and wish we had started projects around here sooner!  We removed wallpaper, textured and painted over half the house... redid the master bath, and updated the guest bath as well.  We also had new blinds installed through the entire house.  Have a looksee for yourself.

The master bath was the biggest undertaking for us.  We completely gutted and replaced everything brand new.  Whoever thought to put carpet in a bathroom must have been nuts.  After a couple of years of Taryn working his magic, the carpet was totally stained and nasty. Who knows what kind of foul stuff was living inside that carpet.

This is how it looked before! (notice the foul carpet)


Our foul tub, which weighed 350lbs and took 4 guys to haul off!

The finished product.  Like I said new everything, even replacing a lot of the drywall!


New tub and tile which we totally love!


The dining room before!

After

The living room before... I thought I had a better picture, but this will have to do.

After... with a brand new couch!


The guest bath before... I forgot to take any before pics, so this was taken during.  Sorry, but you will have to imagine the old linoleum.

The new and improved!


The master bedroom before...

And after with our new bedroom furniture!

The guest room before.

After

3 Comments:

At 6:50 AM, Blogger Jennifer McHam said...

wowzers guys!!! It looks GREAT!!!

 
At 7:22 AM, Blogger The Armstrong's said...

I heart home improvement projects! You guys did a wonderful job. The bathrooms look great, ours had carpet 2...GROSS. We are finally getting all of ours knocked out. It's nice because it truly makes it "your" house when you get it fixed up how you like it. PS- Happy belated b-day Taryn!

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger Jen said...

WOW. It looks phenomenal!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home