Spring Break 2010! way back in March
Well I haven't posted in a while. 1st we have had computer issues... looks like it is finally up and operational. For some reason (probably because our computer was obsolete years ago) our PC just doesn't work well with certain websites, blogger being one of them. All seems to be in order now, although not moving too quickly we can still use this old thing.
2nd we have been really busy around the house finishing all "projects" before baby #2 joins us next month! I can't believe we are only 5-6 weeks out... Seems like just yesterday we thought we would never be able to have another baby! It took us forever to "make" Taryn and the same thing happened with #2. Just about the time we were gonna give up, we get preggo!
Onto spring break... My dad emailed a month or so prior saying he wanted to take my younger sister and brother out to our deer lease over their break. He thought that Taryn and I might want to join them. After thinking it over and realizing that Niki was going to have to work anyways we committed to the trip! Dad and I knew we were going to have our hands full with an 8, 5 & a 3 yr old.
My Dad and I have been going to the same deer lease and staying in the same old log cabin for over 25 years. I think we both want our kids to have some of the same experiences we have had out there. Knowing the kids would have a blast was what really made the trip worth while. They went 100 miles an hour the entire time. I think it is safe to say they had a great time. For the most part they got along really well. The ranch owner and his wife were home and they really enjoyed getting to see our kiddos! We were able to take the kids and actually sit in the deer blinds so they could see some wildlife. Even though they weren't the quietest we still saw some game. Of course I forgot to take my camera along, but both nights we saw wild hogs and turkeys right in front of us!
Taryn with Uncle John and Aunt Grace
Grace and John both got to ride a horse. This was a huge highlight, Grace even brought a special horse riding outfit. Check out the boots!
Grace brought books from home so she could read to the boys every night before bedtime!
Mealtime was always interesting with these 3 musketeers. For the most part they ate pretty well considering they had burned so much energy during the day.



1 Comments:
HOW FUN! And WHAT MEMORIES!!!! Super cool! And so excited for y'all for Baby #2. Both of your kids are so blessed to have you as parents!!! God is good!
Post a Comment
<< Home