Thursday, October 02, 2008

Haven't been able to find the time around here lately...


We have been kind of busy around here the past month! It is not a good excuse, but the only one I have, guess I need to make better use of my time? I went out of town with my Dad and brother on a fishing/hunting trip down to South Padre for four days. We had a great time catching fish and cutting up with each other, but I have been playing catch up ever since. As of lunch time today Taryn is running a fever and starting to get sick. He started acting not himself this morning so I should have known this was coming. We forced some Motrin down the boy and he is now asleep let's hope the fever is gone when he wakes! Poor thing will feel better for a little while and try to play and then start feeling bad and turn a complete 180. Looks like he and I might be watching some TV this afternoon if he is not feeling better.

We have started some home renovations, the first project being the leveling of the house. I am glad to say that all of the doors to our house are now functional and our house is level, but we had a small issue... The guys working under the house accidentally broke a water line so we were without water for a couple of days until I could get a plumber over to fix us up. Getting a plumber to call you back (in a small town) is quite the project. They don't work on weekends and two of the three companies we called never even called us back! I guess they have enough business that they don't need mine... You don't realize how much water you really use until you no longer have it available. No washing your hands or doing the dishes (you should have seen our sink after a couple days, foul).

All and all we are doing great. Niki is busy with work and just celebrated her one year anniversary at her clinic. They threw a surprise luncheon for her at the country club which was very nice. Taryn and I have started to meet some more people thru our playgroup. I actually had dinner with three other stay-at-home mom's last night. It was nice to kick back and have a few beers with the ladies! Good to hear that everyone has similar highs and lows while at home with the kiddos. One of the mother's has four boys under the age of 10, she has got to be a supermom. How she is able to juggle them all I will probably never understand!


Recent Taryn pics with more to come!


My uncle Karl stayed with us for a couple of days since his power was out because of Hurricane Ike. He and Taryn had a good time hanging together. Karl is not much of a "kid" person, but by the time he left I am pretty sure he will be missing Taryn. He even gave Taryn a big kiss! Taryn loved to play with Karl's stuff especially his cyling helmet.

Taryn loves this tree in our backyard, so we thought we would get some pictures of him. He is all flush because he had been running around the backyard for a while.
Taryn and Mommy
A couple of weeks ago Taryn got this bag out and started walking around and waving "goodbye" to me. Guess he is ready for a road trip!

Recently our playgroup met at the park which was a nice change of pace. At one point I was hanging with all the kids while all the Mom's were on the other side of the park talking. I told them it was 10 bucks an hour for my babysitting services!

Taryn loved to collect all the rocks! This little girl named Faith is really into Taryn. She wants a little brother or sister, but her Mama says NO. She is super cute and her mom says she always asks if Mr. Loren is going to be there today. She and I are good buddies!
Taryn checking everything out!

2 Comments:

At 4:40 PM, Blogger Jennifer McHam said...

Cute! So when is Taryn going to get a brother or sister? Heehee :)

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger Emily, Owner of Blessed Unions said...

I love hearing about Mr. Taryn and what you two boys are up to! Miss you!Hope he gets to feeling better!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home