Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Taryn and his many Visitors!!!

Well, the last couple of weeks since Niki went back to work have been a little crazy. Taryn and I are getting along pretty well and are developing a better schedule! Sleep for the both of us has been better! We have had a lot going on which really makes it hard to keep everything on track.

Two weekends ago Taryn had his first baby sitting experience with Grandmere and Grandaddy! Niki and I went to a wedding in Houston (which was very nice) and Taryn was the perfect angel for his Grandmere. Of course she pretty much held him the whole time which Taryn loves! I stayed strong and did not call to check in on my little buddy. We were gone for 6 or 7 hours and did not receive any calls from worried grandparents! Grandmere was so excited about her first babysitting gig and she did an awesome job. I am sure I gave her way too much instructions, but what's a father to do! Thanks for letting us get a little adult time Grandmere!

The following Monday morning the 3 of us headed to Temple for Niki's doctor's appointment. Everything went well and it looks as though Niki's healing is coming along better as we don't have another appointment until May! Daddy was the chauffer for the day as Mommy and Taryn napped during our 1 1/2 hour commute each way in the car. I think Mommy and Taryn really enjoyed Daddy's Limo Service... Taryn was really great the whole trip and pretty much slept like a champ except to feed and fill up diapers.

During spring break we had a special visitor! My niece Katia who is 11 years old called and wanted to come spend some time with us and the baby. We were so happy to have her come and visit. She was a blessing for me. She was great with Taryn and was able to calm him at times when I was not! Although she was not a big fan of dirty diapers she helped cook, clean, organize and mostly care for Taryn. We had so much fun with her and hope she can come back this summer! Thanks for visiting us Katia!

Katia


This past weekend we were invited to another wedding in Arlington for a friend from high school, Travis and his now wife Jana Kay, but Niki and I just weren't sure how a 6-week old would do on a long road trip, at a wedding/reception and in a hotel room. After much thought we decided that we would make the trip and deal with anything that came up. We shared a hotel room with Aunt Jen, Uncle Kris and cousin Addison. Thank you guys for letting us bunk up! Of course much to our surprise Taryn did really well including sleeping in the car all the way there and back (Mommy was catching some shut eye too). Sometimes I wish I could sleep like that! He fussed just a little bit during the actual ceremony, but all and all he did awesome on his first road trip! He even slept in an unfamiliar hotel room! Way to go little buddy! Now I guess you can see how off track schedules can get when you are on the go!

This week I am working on getting Taryn used to his crib as he is pretty close to outgrowing his bassinet! We are taking all of our naps in the crib and I will eventually start putting him to sleep in it as well! I have also started working on his naps. Instead of holding him until he falls asleep we are working on Taryn putting himself to sleep... It is a work in progress, but over time I am sure it will work even better. Once he starts getting fussy and you can tell he is tired I will put him down for a nap. Sure he fusses and crys because he would rather be held, but he has to learn to be independent. In fact I put him down for a nap this morning and he was fussy for 10 or 15 minutes, but then fell asleep and has been out for over an hour now! It is hard to hear him cry, but I know it is not hurting him at all. I know it is especially hard for Niki to hear, but she is getting used to it!


Taryn has been blessed with many visitors in the past month and a half. We are so lucky to have so many who care about our little guy!

Memaw

Pops & Nene

Uncle Kevin -- even though he did not want to!

Nana

Papa

Guille

Aunt Grace

Grandpa

Aunt Jen

Aunt Megan

Grandaddy

Grandmere

"Grandma" Joann

Uncle Matthew and his girlfriend Laura




Labels:

4 Comments:

At 7:05 AM, Blogger Amy said...

Loren,
You are seriously doing such a great job as a daddy. I love hearing about you working out Taryn's sleep schedule and getting him into his crib. I remember doing that with Samuel and it was quite the challenge but worth it in the end. I miss you 3 and really want to see Taryn in person. The next 4 weekends we have stuff going on but after that, we are making the trip to see you!! Any interest in meeting Samuel and I half-way for a play date?
Love,
Amy

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger Amy said...

Loren - Those 2 deleted comments are mine from above. Something is weird with the comment thing right now and it copied my comments twice. Sorry!!

 
At 8:04 AM, Blogger LorenAndNiki said...

Here I was thinking we had four different messages! We are ready for you guys to come and visit us when you have the time, just let us know! Amy, I will have to think on the play date as I am not sure if we are ready for the Skaggs and their rough brand of play!

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Jennifer McHam said...

What a champ! We are soooooo happy y'all decided to make the trip to Arlington!!! Taryn is a doll & such a good little man!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home