A few updates for our little buddy!
Taryn continues to grow and discover new things. He is just over 20 lbs now and has outgrown his original car seat. He got a new one last week which was long overdue and he is totally enjoying being able to see everything as we drive around!
As of last Wednesday I found him for the very first time standing up in his crib after his morning nap. I walked in the room to get him and there he was just smiling away at me as he stood there. I will try to get a photo of him doing it this week.
Funny thing with his new found talent... I put him down for his afternoon nap on the same day he learned to stand up in his crib. He usually fusses a little bit when I put him down for a nap and then goes to sleep. This time he fussed as normal and then realized "Hey, I can stand up now". He pulled himself to a standing position and proceeded to play and talk to himself for the next 10 or 15 minutes. He thought he was pretty cool stuff until he realized that he was in fact tired and ready to nap. Only problem was he couldn't figure out how to get down from the standing position... OOPS. He immediately started crying for me to come and save him, but I wanted him to figure it our for himself. I proceeded to watch and listen (thru the crack in the door) to him cry for the next 20 - 30 minutes, but of course he couldn't figure it out and Daddy had to come save the day. I picked him up and told him it was time to sleep and layed him back down. He made as if to stand up again, but I am pretty sure his legs were like jelly by then and he just put his head down and went to sleep. I guess he figured out how to get back down from standing up because we haven't had that problem again! Subsequently he has started to pull himself up on other things around the house.
Taryn is trying all kinds of new foods and LIKING them! He will eat apple, banana, mandarin oranges and avocado now!
Here are some pictures of Taryn in his new swing that he got for Christmas. A few weeks ago Grandmere, Grandaddy and Aunt Megan came to visit and helped us put it up. We haven't been able to use it much because of all the rainy, cold weather lately. Everytime Taryn sees it thru the window he points and of course wants to go outside. We had some nice weather yesterday so Niki and Taryn played in the swing for an hour or so while I pulled weeds!



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home