Tuesday, December 04, 2007

I know finally an update!!!

Things are going great down in Cuero. The Gobbler football team is still alive in the 3A playoffs and is well on their way to playing for the state championship. I don't want to jinx anything, but they have really not been challenged in their first 3 games! Niki is busy with work and of course I am busy with Taryn. Taryn continues to get bigger and is at and above the 20lb mark and quickly outgrowing his carseat! Taryn refuses to crawl even after our constant encouragement and adult size examples. Instead he almost always prefers to be upright. He is starting to hold himself up pretty well and has even taken a few accidental steps before crashing downwards. Niki and I both think we will walk first crawl later...


Three weeks ago we went to the Woodlands to see family and to visit Cory who was home from Iraq on leave. He is already back in Iraq, but will be home in 9 months. Everyone really enjoyed his company and we were happy to have him home even if it was just for a couple of weeks!


Taryn got tons of attention and especially enjoyed his time with his great grandmothers!

Taryn and Meme getting some quality time.
Taryn getting some sugar from Memaw!
Cory and Addie had a good time sweeping the deck. Addie was especially interested in Cory the entire weekend. If it had been up to her I think she would have stayed with him forever.
Pop getting crazy with his camera! Silly Pop!
Addie trying to teach Taryn how to use a sippy cup while Nene and Aunt Jen supervise!

Taryn is very happy to have the sippy cup, now if he only knew what to do with it...

Thanksgiving was spent with my Dad's family at his new house in Clear Lake. They have such a nice house it even has its own Home Theater! We had a great time visiting with everyone and I wish we had been a little more diligent with the camera. We only took a few photos so here they are!

Taryn and Aunt Megan braving the cold weather.
Taryn's Uncle John loved being outside, its just that he refused to wear long sleeves or pants the entire weekend. If you tried to dress him in warm clothes he would say " I don't like you anymore"! We wrapped him up in a jacket to keep his legs warm!

Taryn with his Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle John & Aunt Grace. Sorry Dad, but your eyes were not open in any of the pictures. Maybe next year... John and Grace were a big help the entire weekend with Taryn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home