How Taryn loves to make a huge mess!
With all Taryn's added mobility these days he is into everything... He cruises the house all day looking for "stuff" to play with even though he has a room full of toys. Once he finds a cabinet, shelf or box chock full he insists on pulling it all out and making sure it covers the floor. His favorite places to do this are in our bathroom (thankfully he can only reach the bottom few shelves of our cabinet), kitchen (where he pulls out all the tupperware) and his room where he usually pulls all his books of the shelf, but he just recently discovered the drawer (pictured below) on his changing table!
Of late this is his most favorite place to make a mess. I don't know how many times I have cleaned it all up just to have him pull it out again. You can imagine what our house looks like at the end of the day. Taryn cannot stand for things to be organized and put away... Much like his mother. The two of them drive me pretty much insane on a daily basis :) A good insane!
Another thing Taryn has figured out is the diaper champ which is of course right next to his changing table... He now tries to put toys, socks and anything else he can into it. I have to give it a once over before I throw the dirty diapers out to make sure there is nothing else in there.
Taryn working on a mess!
Taryn has a little cradle cap, so Niki used a home remedy last night to help get rid of it. You rub a little mineral oil on the kiddos scalp and let it sit for a couple of hours and then you wash it off with Dawn dish soap. Niki suggested this for one of her patients' children and was told that it had in fact worked. While Taryn is not cured it did get rid of most of it. Guess we will have to repeat the treatment. Since his hair was all greasy Niki decided he needed a pony tail. Looking good buddy!
See the goldfish in the background... I was actually trying to hide them from Taryn, but he heard me eating them and found the stash. He is of course addicted to these things and will eat them nonstop. It really amazes me at how much food this little guy can pack away!
Here Taryn is signing "More", since he saw the goldfish he of course wants some.



2 Comments:
Dude - get used to the "mess." I thought I could contain it, too. I was wrong.
I love the hair pics;)
Post a Comment
<< Home