Taryn is on the go!!!
It has been a couple of weeks since Taryn started walking and he hasn't stopped! He hardly needs anything to help him balance and cruises around the house all day long stopping every once and a while to check something out. He loves to go from room to room and walk the same pattern over and over (which can be dizzying)! I just try to keep up with him and make sure he is not getting into trouble. I have been working with him on what "NO" means and it looks like it may be starting to stick. Maybe I am just getting lucky when I try to use it, but it seems like when I say "NO" he stops what he is doing or about to do and thinks about it for a second before deciding on what to do next. More often than not he seems to mind.
The boy loves to eat and has started begging for food from Niki when we are having dinner. I don't know why, but he doesn't ask me only Niki. Even though he has already eaten his dinner he asks for more. He usually pats on Niki's leg and signs "more" and then Niki will give him a piece of whatever we happen to be eating. Then he will walk around the kitchen and the study while he is chewing before heading back to Niki again for a refill! We give him all kinds of fruit the newest being grapes. He loves turkey meatballs, sandwich meat, pasta and american cheese is a new one. The kid will eat just about anything we give him!
Sorry for the lack of posts lately it has been busy.
First, I have some kind of fungus attacking my lawn so I headed to the local garden center and had the expert come over and take a look. He confirmed that it was in fact some form of fungus and gave me some advice as to how to attack it. I chose the organic route which meant I had to rake out the trouble areas of dead grass and then cover them with Cornmeal followed by a layer of Manure compost. The cornmeal is supposed to kill the fungus and compost helps everything come back nice and healthy. We will see in a couple of weeks if there are any improvements.
Second, taxes... I was able to get some help from Dale one of Niki's partners at the clinic. She used to be an accountant before she became a doctor and was a huge help. I was on the right track, but just needed an expert eye! Thankfully they are now finished!
Third, the dryer stopped spinning last week when Niki was doing laundry. So, I called someone to come by and fix it... cancel that... Well, Niki talked to her Dad over the weekend and he said it should be easy to fix. Thanks Pop! Niki said why don't you just fix it yourself my Dad can do it so why can't you. Did she just challenge me? Of course I had to accept and I am happy to say that the dryer is now back in action for only 13 dollars and a crash course on taking apart a dryer. I saved us some cash, but Niki spent it at Ann Taylor Loft...
Here are a few videos of Taryn after a bath. He loves to cruise around the house after getting out of the tub usually without the diaper. We had to put a stop to the no diaper because he started peeing on the floor. He thought it was pretty cool, but not really that cool for mom and dad.



1 Comments:
Cute! Look at him go. I hope the lawn comes back. I sprayed weed killer on my lawn last year and it killed huge areas of grass, guess what grew back...WEEDS! I think it's a scam so you probably did the right thing going the organic route.
Post a Comment
<< Home