What is up with Taryn?
Things are changing around here lately. Over the past couple of weeks we have transitioned to one nap a day. Two naps a day was really hit or miss recently, so we decided to make a change. The first day went great, he slept like 3.5 hours in his afternoon nap. I can't say it has been that successful since. Most days I am lucky to get 2 hours out of him and others I get 3! Guess what that means...? Less down time for Dad! I am going to miss having that extra time around here. He has been great for the most part without the morning nap. Not really fussy or acting tired, just enjoying more time to run around the house.
Note to all parents out there... Introduce the sippy cup as early as possible trust me it will make things a lot easier. Niki no longer wants Taryn to use a bottle, so I was given the task of making that happen. Let's just say it has not been fun. He literally screamed bloody murder the first week every time he saw me bring the sippy cup his way. He would cry and scream and throw the sippy cup as soon as he could. Over a week or so I was able to break him of that and now he will actually drink from one. He won't hold it, but he will drink out of it. He was so used to his bottle that he must have thought I was crazy to try and change it up.
Next in line for change was the pureed foods. We have finished the last of them and are now onto solids at every meal. Things Taryn used to eat he now won't! I have to force down sandwich meat, avocado and get out of town if you think he is going to eat veggies. He used to tolerate the pureed kind, but as for the real thing he is not a fan. My sister told me he takes after me, since I would never eat veggies as a kid. I happen to think it is a texture thing and not a flavor issue. If anyone has any ideas don't hesitate to let me know. One thing he will eat for sure is fruit. He inhales grapes, bananas and mandarin oranges. He literally won't stop eating them! He also loves cheese toast! Oh yeah we tried some tofu and I have to admit it was nasty. Guess I need to get a recipe for it!
All these changes came in the last few weeks and have been really frustrating for me and of course for Taryn. Implementing all this new stuff has not been fun. I am not a big fan of change especially once I get into a good routine. I guess Taryn takes after me!
Taryn loves to play with this accordion door in his bathroom! He likes to open and close it and see that I am still there! The only part he does not like is getting his fingers pinched in the crack of the door! Ouch!!!
Gramere and Aunt Meggie came down last Saturday to help with Taryn so I could go out of town for the night. Of course Gramere brought all kinds of goodies including the monkey pictured below. Apparently he was scared of it at first, but now he loves it! It just took a little time for him to warm up to something as big as himself!



1 Comments:
Like yourself, toddlers are dedicated to routine and DO NOT like change. To make it easier on both of you, don't introduce too many new things at once. So what if he drinks from a bottle a little longer than "recommended" - I guarantee he will not be taking that thing to college (at least, not a baby bottle).
And the food thing is going to be hit or miss, even on a daily basis. I try to balance Addie's meals over the course of the day, or even a couple of days. You'll drive yourself crazy if you try to get Taryn to eat a balanced diet at every meal.
Good luck, and don't stress about it... it only gets harder from here on out! ;)
Post a Comment
<< Home