2 Month Appointment... That means its time for your shots Little Guy!
Taryn's stats:
10.7 lbs
22 inches long
15.25 inch head size
This puts him in the 25th percentile for each of these categories. Our doc says that this is totally fine and that she really likes the consistency of all three areas! I was worried that his percentages weren't high enough, but she assured me that he was doing great! Oh yeah, the scale is in kilos so disregard the 4.76 unless you know how to convert it!
After I had asked all the questions of our doctor (Niki and I had put an entire list together, well I guess I should say mainly me, anal I know) and she had done a check over of Taryn it was time for the event I had been dreading... the SHOTS... To my surprise Taryn only cried for about 20 seconds and he really did not figure out something was going on until the nurse was halfway through. We started with an oral vaccine that Taryn took down like a champ! Then it was on to the needles... 2 shots in each leg, Ouch! The nurse was so fast Taryn barely knew anything had happened and by the time I picked him up he was good to go! Our doctor's office said that Taryn may be fussy and run a fever for a couple of days, but so far all he has been is a little more sleepy than usual. Now the only memory we have are the two Garfield band aids on our little buddy's thighs! We are so proud of Taryn and his pain tolerance!
Mommy was sad that she could not be at the doctor's office so she needed some major snuggle time with Taryn when she got home from work! Taryn was happy to help her out with that!
On another note... I do not want to jinx anything, but Taryn has been sleeping through the night now for a week and a half and we could not be prouder of him! Way to go sleeping beauty! At first Mommy was worried that he would get dehydrated because he was going 6 or 7 hours without feeding, but he has been peeing like crazy so I guess that will not be a problem. Now let's see if we can get him to do the same when we start trying to sleep him in the crib at night next week!



3 Comments:
Congratulations on the sleep!!! So jealous! Glad to hear everything is going great for you all...hope to see you soon.
Way to go sleeping champ!!! Congratulations on that MAJOR IMPORTANT MILESTONE!!!! And way to be brave Taryn, Daddy, and Mommy!!! Shots are NO FUN AT ALL! :P
It's so hard to watch your newborn get shots...way to be brave, Taryn AND Loren! Looks like you've got this full-time Daddy thing DOWN!
Post a Comment
<< Home