Monday, April 02, 2007

Antiquing With the Lafayette Crew!

Every Fall and Spring my mother (Grandmere) gets together with her girlfriends from Louisiana and they hit the crazy Antique Fest that stretches out for miles and miles in between Warrenton and Roundtop, Texas. If you ever need to furnish a house or buy literally anything you can think of this is the place to do it! These ladies load up their wallets with cash and when that is used up break out the checkbooks on some goodies for their homes. I mean they seriously fill up trucks, trailers and SUV's to the brim.

Niki, Taryn and I decided to join them Saturday evening since it was only an hour away from us. By the time we got there they had spent all of their money and were enjoying some beer and Margaritas! We had a great time visiting with everyone and Taryn got to meet all these ladies for the first time. Taryn was not in his finest form when we got there as he had an upset stomach or something because we went through 3 diapers in the first 45 minutes... Poor guy was crying and wimpering and all we could do was hold him and help him get through his tough time! Maybe next year Taryn will feel better and we will probably end up chasing him around!


Mom and all her Crew!!! They sure do have a good time when they get together. You should see them all dancing and carrying on... Truly a sight to see!

Grandmere surprised us and bought Taryn his first desk and chair which she found and just "had" to get for him! We can't wait for the days when he is busy using his desk to make artwork to hang on the fridge.


On Sunday night we were enjoying the nice weather in the yard (which Daddy worked on almost all day Saturday) and decided to give the Baby Bjorn a try. It worked pretty well as long as you were moving Taryn was very happy (it was too close to his dinner time). I could not stand still for too long, but managed to pause for a good picture. Just recently Taryn likes to really look around (not just at his mommy and daddy) and holding him really wears out your arms so I think we are going to get some mileage out of this thing. I eventually took him on a short walk around the block before it got dark!


4 Comments:

At 7:27 PM, Blogger Jennifer McHam said...

Loren you are tireless!!! Sounds like your mom has a great time with the antiques - how fun! I didn't realize you were a fellow Cajun either! So glad to hear you are all doing well.

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger LorenAndNiki said...

Jenny, Unfortunately I am only Cajun by association as my mom only went to high school in Lafayette and I was not born there! I was the first kiddo born of all those ladies so I spent a lot of time as a kid visiting them in Louisiana.

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger April said...

Look at those long legs! Taryn is too cute for words! We hope to see you guys soon.

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger BrandyLee said...

The pic of you and baby Taryn in the bjorn is just adorable...I can't decide if he looks more like you or his Mommy...either way, he's just TOO cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home