A quiet Father's Day!
Unfortunately Niki was on-call all weekend and wasn't able to be around much because of how busy all the deliveries at the hospital were keeping her (I think she ended up delivering around 10 babies from Friday to Monday morning)! We had a lot of rain most of the weekend too, but we got a nice visit from Gramere and Grandma Joann on Sunday. They wanted to come and visit for Father's Day (oh and to baby sit because I was supposed to have a soccer game), but mostly I think they came to see Taryn! We had a great time visiting, I mostly enjoyed watching Taryn interact with the two of them!
Taryn is really starting to develop a personality. He giggles and smiles quite a bit nowadays! His newest thing is rolling over from stomach to back and sometimes vice versa. He has not perfected it yet, but it is really fun to watch him try especially when he gets his arm stuck and can't get all the way over! Then he gets frustrated and I have to help him out. He is holding his head up really well when we do tummy time! This makes Mommy really happy and she can't believe how high he can hold it up. She thinks it looks painful, but he seems to enjoy the sights he can see around him.
Grandma Joann and Taryn getting some quality time. Taryn greeted her with a big ol' spit up all over her shirt. Sorry, he does that sometimes...
Gramere and Taryn hanging in the rocker. For some reason Taryn chose this position and stayed in it for a long time. He must like the world from upside down!
Here is what Daddy got for Father's Day! A couple of new outfits for Taryn. Apparently I keep using the same clothing over and over and Mommy thought it was time for something new! If you can't read it the one on the left says "Macho, Just Like Daddy". Niki must know that the way to my heart is through Camo! I only wish that they made adult sizes in these!
Our biggest news!!! We have finally finished all of our interviews around Texas and have decided to make Cuero our home. We are really excited and have a lot to do in the next couple of months as we hope to move sometime early to mid August! We feel like Cuero is a great place for Niki to work and to raise our family! They really made us feel welcome and a part of their community from the moment we arrived! Taryn is going to be a Gobbler! This is a onesie that they gave us for Taryn when we visited. It is a little big, but Taryn will be wearing it as soon as he can!



5 Comments:
LOOT,
Congrats to you, Niki & Taryn! If guys have any time off between the big move, come on up. Big John needs to meet his buddy.
Cuero, huh? See, that decision wasn't all that hard! Now I suppose I better Mapquest it to figure out where it is.
Way to go, Taryn, on the rolling over thing! You're getting to be such a big boy!
Love,jen.
By the way, Kris can empathize with your Father's Day gifts... he got a little pink T-shirt that said "Daddy's Princess." I guess Nik and I think alike! ;)
YAY on your big decision! Cuero sounds like a fantastic place, and right in the middle of so many big cities to visit! Love the onesies too! Happy Father's Day Loren!!!
Congrats on deciding on a place to "land" for a while. It sounds great! If you guys get up this way, be sure to let us know so we can finally meet Mr. Taryn in person!
Post a Comment
<< Home