The Morning Stretch...
Just about every morning when Taryn wakes up he goes through his stretching routine. It usually goes a little bit like the pictures I took below from this morning. He does some serious stretching, sometimes I wonder how he can get those legs so high up in the air. Mixed in with the stretching is some small talk loud enough to let me know he is awake and that he needs attention! Taryn wakes up very happy in the mornings which I am glad about. This is the only time he wakes up happy, for some reason after his daily naps he wakes up with a case of "fussy butt". This is what Niki and I call him when he is being a pill!
I just realized that I had not taken any pics of Taryn since Mother's Day. I know bad Daddy.
We have been busy as of late... The weekend before last we went on a 3-day interview process for Niki in two different communities, Yoakum and Cuero. Both of these are small towns of 6500 people or less. We took Nana (Niki's mom) with us to care for Taryn while Niki and I were wisked about the towns. We were able to stay in some bed & breakfasts during our trip so Nana and Taryn had somewhere to hang out. Unfortunately we were so busy I did not even get the camera out to take any pictures of our weekend adventure. We toured and interviewed in Yoakum on Saturday and then moved on to Cuero from Sunday to Monday. Most of our weekend was spent meeting doctors and medical staff while touring hospitals and clinics. These really weren't your typical one on one interviews, but more informal and family oriented. Niki and I were able to ask questions and really get a good look at everything. We also toured both towns and looked at real estate and schools, went to church and a Spring Festival which was very fun. All and all we had a great time and learned a ton, but we were all pretty worn out from the 3-day process. We got home late Monday night and then got back into our normal routine. Next on the list of places to visit are Llano and possibly Gonzales!
Niki and I celebrated our 4-year wedding anniversary this past week on the 24th. Thanks to Meme and Nene for reminding us with a phone call and some best wishes for our 4 years together! Niki and I did not forget our anniversary it is just with everything going on we knew we didn't have time to actually do anything. We enjoyed a quiet dinner of leftovers at home and then went on a family walk to the park! Maybe next year we will do something a little more exciting. Mostly we were just happy to be together and to spend our time with Taryn!
Over Memorial weekend Niki was on-call Friday through Monday so needless to say we did not do very much... Niki worked a majority of the time and when she wasn't at the hospital she was very tired and tried to catch up on her sleep. Taryn and I hung out and tried to have fun, but we were mostly stuck inside because it pretty much rained the whole weekend. I don't know about Taryn, but I was getting a little cabin fever. We were able to sneak out for a couple of walks and one trip to the grocery store. Mostly we just missed Mommy's company and wished she hadn't been so busy with work!



2 Comments:
Ugh!! I KNEW your anniversary was coming and I tried to make a mental note... but you know, somebody needs to improve the little sticky strip on the back of mental notes. They just don't stick! Anyway, happy anniversary. I can't wait to see you guys this weekend!
Wow! Those are some crazy stretches!!! Happy Anniversary!!! And thanks for sending more pictures!!! We really love watching the little cutie grow!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home