Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Our last month has been Nuts!!!

Geez, sorry to all those out there who are dedicated viewers of our little Taryn... Especially you April, Taryn sends his hugs & kisses! Things have been well a little crazy in our world over the last few weeks!

We packed up our house in Bryan, closed on our new home August 10th, moved the following day to Cuero... We were here for a week trying to get unpacked (which of course did not completely happen) and then headed up to Austin so Niki could have surgery in Temple... We returned home from Austin last Thursday and I have been going 100 miles an hour around here getting unpacked and taking care of both Niki and Taryn (really more Taryn when Niki is not up for it).

It looks like I finally have a lot accomplished, at least I feel that way, knowing we still have a long way to go around here! Not much to report as far as small town living goes since we have really not been in the "social scene" yet. Once Niki is feeling better and starts working I am sure we will be more active. I did meet a mother at Wal-Mart who has twins (boy & a girl) who are just a week or two older than Taryn. I got their number for a future play date! One thing to note about small towns is the lack of places to eat out. Although, Cuero has more than a lot of small towns they aren't always open is what seems to be the problem. You really have to plan ahead or just cook at home!

Now time for the good stuff! Pics of our little buddy!


Our last trip to the pool before moving. Mommy wanted to try out a new suit for Taryn even though it was a little big for him yet!

We have started Taryn on rice cereal and some oatmeal. The boy eats it up. These are pics from his very first feeding. He of course makes a big mess and has a heck of strong grip on the spoon! You would guess he would learn to do rasberries as soon as he has a mouth full of cereal!

This is about as much packing as Taryn could handle. Sure does fit nicely in that little box!
Taryn tried to help Mommy unpack at our new house, but he was just plum tired!
Taryn has a couple of new tricks up his sleeve since our move. He loves to be upright nowadays and can even hold himself up for a little bit!
We are working on his ability to sit up, but as you can tell by the second picture you really have to be close at hand when he falls!


Taryn has taken interest in reading of late!
On second thought eating is much more important!
Taryn loves to play in his new nursery. He has really started to enjoy being on his tummy more and more and seems poised to start crawling in the near future!
Taryn especially loves to be tickled by Daddy. I can really get him going sometimes!
It seems Daddy has overexcited Mr. Taryn and I nearly got a face full of his dinner! When will my little buddy ever stop spitting up?





2 Comments:

At 5:56 PM, Blogger Jennifer McHam said...

YAAAAAAAAAAY! Thanks for putting all the cute new pictures up! He is soooooooooo cute!!! Good luck getting unpacked and settled - I'm sure that's quite a task with a little one!!! Thanks again - sure do love catching up with y'all!
Love,
the Denver Mc's

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger The Armstrong's said...

Congrats on the new house. Nigi, I hope you are feeling well soon! I can't believe how much Taryn has grown. All the kiddos are growing up so fast. Well wishes- Jody

 

Post a Comment

<< Home