Settling In!!!
Well, we have been here a month now and we are pretty much all unpacked and settled into our house. There are still a few things that need to be done, but nothing pressing. Of course we want to do some remodeling, but that will have to wait until we actually have some money in the bank! Taryn has finally adjusted to his new settings although it took him about a week or so to get comfortable in his new home. So far so good down here... Niki starts work this Friday and is doing some orientation stuff at work today so that means Daddy is back to his full time gig around here! That's right taking care of little Taryn. Daddy has been super busy around the house since the move and has been taking advantage of Mommy not working yet in order to get a lot accomplished. Taryn and Daddy are getting "reacquainted" with each other quickly!
Something new around here with Taryn is his schedule... Daddy went hunting over Labor Day weekend and Mommy decided it was high time to change everything around. We were both frustrated with Taryn's nap schedule since he would only sleep 30 minutes at a time and then would not sleep anymore unless we held him.
Well, Mommy decided it was time for some "tough love". Everything we read about naps said that Taryn needed to be taking at least two naps a day of around 1.5 hours each. Taryn would always go down for naps quickly, but would only stay asleep a short while. Apparently it takes 30 minutes or more for babies to get into their restful sleep cycle of course Taryn would never make it that far. While I was gone Niki began the process of breaking Taryn's bad habit of short napping. By "breaking the habit" I mean letting Taryn cry himself to sleep and learn to nap longer without our help! It must have been pretty rough as he cried for an hour and a half at almost every nap while I was gone. A couple of times he never even napped at all and just cried the entire time. I was glad I was not home to have to hear those cries, Niki said it brought tears to her eyes.
It took almost 2 weeks, but it looks as though we have him headed in the right direction! The last couple of days he has napped very well, although he still wakes up, he fusses for a few minutes and then goes back to sleep. His new thing is to sleep on his belly during his naps. We start him out on his back, but at some point he rolls himself over and it seems as if he sleeps even better on his tummy! We are very proud of Taryn for putting up with us, but want him to know that is for his benefit! This will greatly improve all of our lives around here! I am also very proud of Niki for making this happen as I don't think I could have done that to my little buddy! On top of that we even put him down for bed now around 10 o'clock and he sleeps until 7 or 8 the next morning! Way to go Niki and Taryn!
Taryn loves to get his eat on! Unfortunately he is still quite messy, but he makes up for it by being so darn cute!
This is typical of how Taryn looks after a meal. Totally full and just plain got his feet kicked up! Look at that look on his face I don't think he could hold any more food.
Here are a couple of pics of Taryn hanging out in the study! He is becoming quite the ham in front of the camera! Look out ladies! No these were not taken at Glamour shots, I did them myself!



1 Comments:
Way to go, you guys! I know how hard it is to let them cry, but you did the right thing. He'll be a lot less fussy if he's well rested.
Post a Comment
<< Home