Friday, September 28, 2007

Our little buddy is sick for the first time...


Since Thursday Taryn has had a pretty nasty little fever up to 104 degrees. It came out of nowhere... We are not sure where he got his little bug since he hasn't been around other kiddos, but we guess it is from Mommy and all the sick patients she takes care of during the week. He was fine all morning and then I went to wake him up from his nap and the kid was on fire! I was a little worried because I could not get the stupid thermometer to read accurately (as high as 107), so I called the DOC (aka: Niki). She suggested I bring him to the clinic for a quick check during lunch. Niki and her partner Dr. Mike gave Taryn a thorough check over and could not really find anything abnormal other than a high temp.

We ended up giving him a shot of antibiotics just to be safe. He has continued to have a temp on and off every day and has thrown up on Daddy twice, yuck (luckily it was all formula)! He has been so miserable all we could do was hold him and try to make him feel better. He seems to get better and starts acting like his normal self and then here comes the fever again. It really makes you feel helpless knowing all you can really do is give him some medicine and hold him to try and help him feel better. Let's hope he feels better by Saturday night as Mom & Dad have a social event (School District Fundraiser) to attend and we have hired our very first baby sitter...


On a brighter note, Taryn's naps are going great and he has now taken to rolling over to his side and then his stomach as soon as possible when we put him down for naps. I was able to sneak a couple of pics of him napping this week. I assume that the butt in the air position is comfortable to sleep in...? P.S. -- it is really hard to sneak up on him during his daytime naps because he is a really light sleeper. I was able to take these without disturbing him!

I know TOO CUTE!!!





1 Comments:

At 12:11 PM, Blogger April said...

ahh...hope you get to feeling better soon Taryn!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home